Healthy foods are essential parts of our life, because what you eat is what your health will become. So, it is important we stick to eating healthy. I have listed some foods that are healthy, but this list is not exhausted.
Some of these healthy foods include;
- Fruit and berries: fruits and berries are among the most popular healthy foods. There are not only tasty but also nutritious.
Fruits are very easy to add to our diet, as the preparation takes little or no time.
Examples of these fruits and berries include;
- Banana: Banana contains lots of potassium, vitamin B6 and fiber which are healthy enough for our body.
- Apple: Apple has lots of fibre, antioxidants, and vitamin C and can be eaten at any time.
- Avocados. This fruit contains lots of healthy fats that is good for the body. They are also tasty and contains lots of fiber, potassium
- Oranges. Oranges are powerhouses of vitamin C. there also have plenty of fiber, antioxidant and taste deliciously.
- Strawberries. These berries contain fibre, vitamin C, manganese. There also possess an incredibly juicy taste.
- Blueberries. Blueberry is a powerhouse of antioxidants
- Grapes. Grapes also contains lots of vitamins, vitamin C inclusive
- Peaches, Pears
Eggs are also nutritious foods. Though there some fears that eggs is high in cholesterol, but are among the best healthy foods, containing lots of protein.
- Meats: unprocessed meat is quite nutritious, and not only healthy but also delicious. Examples of good healthy meats include;
- Lean Beef: Lean beef is also a good source of protein, and has lots of bioavailable iron.
- Chicken Breasts: Chicken breast contains low fat and calories, plenty protein and lots of other nutrients. So keep eating!
- Lamb: Lambs usually feed on grass, making their meat high in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Vegetables: Vegetables contains lots of nutrients that is needed by the body. There are also different types or variety of vegetables, such as;
- Bell pepper. It contains lots of vitamin C and antioxidant and can serve as a spice.
- Asparagus. It contains vitamin K and also low in calories
- Carrots. It is a root vegetable and contains lots of fibre and vitamin A and K
- Broccoli. It is a cruciferous vegetable. It contains fibre, vitamins K and C and even protein!
- Cucumber. This is low in calories and contains vitamin K and lots of water which helps in rehydrating the body.
- Cauliflower. It is also quite nutritious
- Onions. It contains vitamin A which is quite good for sight, and can be used as a spice.
- Tomatoes. Tomatoes can be either termed a vegetable or fruit and contains lots of nutrients including vitamin C, potassium which is good for our body and skin.
- Kale. Kale has lots of fiber, vitamins C, K
- Garlic. Garlic contains allicin, and is also effective in improving our immunity.
- Mushroom. They also contains lots fiber and nutrients.
- Cabbage. Cabbage also contains vitamins and fiber good for bowel movement.
- Nuts, seeds, and peanuts. These contain nutrients like magnesium, vitamin E. They are easy to add to our diet and needs little or no preparations. They also include the following:
- Coconuts: coconut contains a lot of fibre and good fatty acids.
- Almonds: almonds are rich in fiber, vitamin E, antioxidants and also magnesium.
- Peanuts: peanuts contains lots of nutrients and antioxidants
- Walnuts: walnuts contain plenty of fibre, vitamins and minerals, which are also very nutritious.
- Chia seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Fishes and seafood. These are quite nutritious and good for our body. They also contains lots of omega-3 fatty acids and iodine. Examples of these type of healthy foods include;
- Grains. tThey are some really healthy grains that are good for the growth of our body. Examples of these grains include;
- Brown rice
- Dairy. Although many people cannot tolerate dairy products, they contain lots of vitamins, minerals and nutrients. Some these dairy products also include;
- Yogurt which contains the probiotic bacteria which is also a friendly bacteria and good for the function of the gut.
- Whole milk
- Fats and oils. Examples of these types of healthy foods include;
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Tubers. Tubers are great foods that are very healthy for the body.
Examples of these tubers include;
- Sweet potatoes
- Dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is healthy and contains lots of fiber, magnesium, and antioxidants.
- Apple cider vinegar. This is also healthy and helps in reducing blood sugar levels
Healthy Foods To Loose Weight
Some healthy foods to lose weight include the following;
- Apples, Asparagus Leafy green.
- Salmon and Lean beef.
- Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, broccoli
- Chicken breast, Chia seed, Coconut oil, and also Cinnamon.
- Beans and legumes.
- Organic raw apple cider vinegar.
- Nuts and Flax seeds.
- Chilli pepper. It helps to reduce your appetite and also helps in burning fats in some cases.
- Fruits. Like Grapefruits, Oranges, Pear, Cantaloupe and also Blueberries.
- Full-fat yogurt.
- Drink lots of water.
- Quinoa and Oats.
- Green tea.
Healthy Foods To Gain Weight
Here is a list of some healthy foods to eat if you want to add some healthy weight.
- Avocacado (super fruit)
- Brown rice, Banana, Butter, Bagels and also Baked acorn squash.
- Cheese and cornbread.
- Dark chocolate and also dried fruits.
- Fruit juice.
- Natural Granola and Nuts.
- Peanut butter, Potatoes and also Pasta.
- Soy milk
- Lean red meat, Tuna and also shrimps.
- Whole wheat bread, Whole fat milk and also Whole eggs.
- Vegetable oils.