Healthy skin and glowing skin is every body’s dream, but some people do not know how to go about it. I’ll be writing on some do’s and don’ts and also on some home remedies to get that beautiful and healthy skin you desire.
Here are some important tips;
- Protect your skin from the sun
The ultra-violet rays of the sun can be damaging to our skin and can cause spots, wrinkles, as also increase your risk of developing skin cancer. You can protect your skin from direct rays of the sun by following these simple tips;
- Use sunscreen.Applying sunscreen on your skin at least 20 minutes before going under the sun is very important. You can use a broad-spectrum sunscreen containing an SPF of at least 15.
- Stay under a shade.Avoid the sun when the rays are strongest around 10am to 2pm
- Put on protective clothing. You can also cover your skin with long-sleeved shirts preferably cotton fabric to keep cool, long pants and wide-brimmed hats.
- Quit smoking
Smoking gives your skin an older look and can also contribute to wrinkles formation. Smoking makes the tiny blood vessels found in the skin thereby reducing blood circulation which contains nutrients and oxygen supply to the skin.
- Handle your skin gently
You should handle your skin with gentle care by:
- Keep off soaps that are very strong.Strong soaps can strip oil from your skin, leaving the skin dry and prone to cracks
- Shave carefully
- Pat dry, do not scrub dry.
- Moisturize your skin.
- Eat healthy
Eating a healthy diet goes a long way to giving youmaking you look and feel your best. You should more of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. The proteins, vitamin, and minerals contained in these diet keeps your skin healthy
- Manage that stress, relax!
Stress has a way of triggering acne and some annoying breakouts. So take some time to rest to heal.
- Drinking plenty of water
HOME REMEDIES FOR HEALTHY SKIN
Lemon is one of the ingredients that promote a clear healthy skin. The citric acid found in lemon helps in keeping our skin free remove dead cells. The vitamin C found in it has some bleaching properties which help in reducing dark spots.
- Apply some freshly squeezed juice mixed with one to two tablespoons of raw honey and wash off after 15 to 20 minutes
Turmeric contains an antiseptic and skin-lightening property that helps in reducing scars and other marks on the skin.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder and pineapple juice and apply on your face and neck. Leave the paste dry up completely, and wash it off with warm water.
Honey can help to give your skin a well-moisturized look.
- You can apply some raw honey directly on your skin. Let it dry and then rinse it off with warm water, to give you that soft supple skin.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains antibacterial properties that help kill bacteria on the skin that also helps to soothe irritated skin, and heal scars. Aloe vera also moisturizes the skin and promotes growth of new cells
- Apply the extracted aloe vera gel on your face using a cotton ball.
- Allow it on your skin for about 30 minutes, and rinse off with warm water.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda helps to keep the pH level of the skin balanced. It also has some antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Baking soda can also be used for exfoliation.
- Make a paste of baking soda with either water or lemon juice.
- Apply on your skin gently exfoliate it, rinse with warm water and pat it dry with a towel.
Cucumber nourishes and hydrates the skin, and also contains astringent properties which are good for the skin. Cucumber also helps in the repair of damaged skin cells by removing them which promotes that healthy and beautiful glow.
- Cut the cucumber into slices, and rub them all over your skin. You can carry it overnight or wash off with warm water.