Home remedies for sore throat help in relieving the annoying discomfort caused by sore throat. These remedies have proven to be super effective with zero side effects.
Here is an easy read about sore throat causes of sore throat and home remedies for sore throat.
Causes of sore throat
Home remedies for sore throat
Sore throat is an inflammation or tenderness found in the throat which causes irritation, pain, and itchiness, making swallowing very difficult.
CAUSES OF SORE THROAT
There are several causes of a sore throat. There include;
- Viral Infection
This is the major cause of sore throats. Some other types of viral infections include:
· Bacterial Infection
A bacterial infection is also a causative factor for sore throat. These types of infections include:
- strep throat, caused by the bacteria Streptococcuspyogenes
- whooping cough.
Some other causes of sore throat include;
- allergic to mold, pollen, or other irritants, exposure to these allergens can trigger a postnasal drip
- Dry air which can make your throat feel really raw and scratchy.
- Smoking cigarettes
- Straining your voice too much either by talking too much, yelling or singing.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) which is when stomach acid flows back into the esophagus.
- Throat cancer.
HOME REMEDIES FOR SORE THROAT
Home remedies for sore throat can be achieved easily. Sore throat can be really painful and affects how much we swallow, be it food or water. We never even pay any attention to how much we swallow until we develop a sore throat. Here are some home remedies for a sore throat;
- Gargling some warm salt water; the salt in the water helps in drawing out the water found in the sore, thereby reducing the inflammation. While the warm water helps to bring a soothing relieve to the inflamed and swollen mouth.
- Take an Apple Cider Vinegar Drink; the high acidity level found in this drink can help in killing the bacteria that causes a sore throat. It can also be mix with some raw honey.
- Take some garlic; garlic contains allicin which can help in killing the bacteria causing the discomfort.
- Apply some heat; heat helps to reduce the duration of a sore throat
- Get some rest; it is important that you allow your body time to heal
- Take lots of fluid.
- Using baking soda; baking soda contains antibacterial properties which help in killing the bacteria responsible for a sore throat.
- Avoiding irritants; irritants such as caffeine, alcohol, smoke, smog, fumes can hinder our body’s ability to fight off infections.
- Drink some ginger; ginger contains some anti-inflammatory properties that can help in reducing the pain and swellings.
- Stay away from milk; milk might form a coat over a sore throat which already has mucus in it, which might encourage more mucus production.
- Take warm foods and drink; the warmth in them helps in providing a soothing relieve for your throat. It should not be too cold or too hot
- Take some cinnamon; cinnamon contains lots of anti-oxidants which can help in relieving the pain caused by a sore throat.
- Take some lemon; lemon helps in killing the bacteria that causes sore throat
- Keep a humidifier in your house to eliminate dryness.