Paleo diet is the type of food that presumed to be available to paleolithic humans. It also includes vegetables, fruits, nuts, roots, meat, and organ meats while excluding foods such as dairy products, grains, sugar, legumes, processed oils, salt, and also alcohol or coffee.
The diet is based on avoiding not just modern but also processed foods.
The word paleo can be said to describe older or ancient. So when we use the term paleo we are trying to talk about foods there was eaten thousands of years ago.
Paleo diet is considered as eating real food. In following a paleo diet, foods item that was not eaten thousands of years ago during the pre-agriculture era is also not eaten. This removes processed foods, grains and also legumes. Here are some of the foods that are allowed and also avoided;
What to eat
You can also eat foods like;
- Fish or seafood
- Fresh vegetables
- Grass-fed and produced meat
- Fresh fruits
- Nuts and seeds
- Grass-fed dairy
- Healthy oils from olive, coconut, avocado, flaxseed, walnut and also macadamia
What not to eat
This also includes;
- Refined sugar
- Processed foods
Benefits Of The Paleo Diet
The paleo diet is a healthy way of eating. It also has lots of benefits. These benefits also include;
- It gives you healthy brain. Since eating the paleo involves eating cold water fishes like salmon, which is also filled with omega 3 fatty acids. These are good for the eyes, heart and also proper brain function development.
- For healthy cells. The cells of our body depend on a healthy diet. And this diet comes in place, thereby keeping the cells healthy and functioning.
- More Muscle, Less Fat. This diet also contains some proteins which are very healthy and gotten from animal flesh. The proteins gotten from this animal flesh is also used in building muscle mass.
- Better Gut Health
- Proper digestion and metabolism
- Lots of minerals and vitamin
- Weight loss
- Reduces risk for diseases
- Gives you more energy
- Reduces your allergies
- Makes your body more sensitive to insulin thereby reducing the risk of developing type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Helps in also decreasing fat cells